Every year we hold an informational webinar to introduce the Consortium to new members and show how our workgroups and projects operate. This is also a great opportunity to remind our members about the important work we do, how to be a part of it, and how we benefit the HR technology community.
As a voluntary consensus standards consortium, HR Open is dedicated to the development of free, global HR vocabularies available to all HR professionals and organizations. We’re a community of professionals from around the world that collaborate on HR data exchange standards to deliver interoperability framework for HR trading partners.
Some key takeaways from our webinar:
- Our project methodology walks you through the process of starting a new implementation standard:
- Proposal: What is the issue and how do we plan to solve it?
- Development: Workgroups meet virtually (via GitHub) to develop standards and documentation to resolve the issues.
- Review/Approval: Once workgroup tasks are complete, the project is sent to the Technical Steering Committee to validate and make sure it matches the common area rules. Board and membership approve before schema becomes public.
- Project teams include people with different skillsets – those to develop use cases, create schema, and write stories.
- Get involved! Join the Business Steering Committee (marketing the Consortium), Meeting Planning Committee (planning and executing events), or Technical Steering Committee (reviewing schema and data).
- Standards and Workgroups include:
- Contingent Staffing
- Data Protection
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Referrals
- Indicative Data
- Talent Management
- Time and Attendance
- Workforce Analytics
As an organization with 20 years of experience you know we can deliver credible and established standards. What we do matters, not only can it save you time and money but also provides a forum for you to interact with other HR technologists.