HR Open Standards
Join the Talent Marketplace Signaling Community Group
Exclusive opportunity for HR Open Members to join the Talent Marketplace Signaling Community Group and be a part of the Job Data Exchange!
As an HR Open Standards member you are eligible to participate in a World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Community Group tasked with improving workforce signaling. The Job Data Exchange (JDX) is working to transform how employers signal hiring requirements for in-demand jobs and skills to educate workforce partners in a rapidly changing talent marketplace. To build on this work, the Talent Marketplace Signaling (TMS) W3C Community Group was formed.
The first aim of the community group will be to develop proposals that refine the existing JobPosting Schema—a standardized way of organizing structured data on the web for jobs—and suggest new types and properties within the Schema where improved signaling cannot otherwise be achieved. We are asking for you to join the TMS Community Group to show your support for the JDX and more broadly, the need and importance for improved workforce signaling in the talent marketplace. You can read more about the community group here, it is open to all stakeholders. Thank you in advance for your support and please follow the steps outlined below to join (it only takes 3 minutes to join).
- Follow this link to the Community Group page: https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/
- You will need have to have a W3C account to join.
- If you already have a W3C account, sign in at the top, right corner of the Community Group page.
- If you don’t have a W3C account, setup an account by selecting “Log In” at the top, right corner of the page. Fill in the information to setup your account profile. Your photo and name will show on the community group page once you join.
- After you log in, from the community group page, click the pink button on the right side of the page titled, “JOIN THIS GROUP.” You will be prompted to agree to the W3C contribution terms. Once you agree to the terms, you will have joined the group and your profile picture will be visible.
- Once you join, you’ll automatically be emailed updates from the Talent Marketplace Signaling Community Group.
If you have any questions please contact Jeanne Kitchens, Associate Director, Center for Workforce Development, Southern Illinois University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the JDX program and our relationship with the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation visit our blog!